Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Healthy volunteers are participants who do not have a disease or condition, or related conditions or symptoms
An interventional clinical study is where participants are assigned to receive one or more interventions (or no intervention) so that researchers can evaluate the effects of the interventions on biomedical or health-related outcomes.
An observational clinical study is where participants identified as belonging to study groups are assessed for biomedical or health outcomes.
Searching Both is inclusive of interventional and observational studies.
|Eligible Ages||18 Years and Over|
- - Patients aged 18 years - Having been informed of the objectives and conduct of the research and having signed a written informed consent to participate - Consulting or being hospitalized for cutaneous psoriasis (clinical diagnosis) justifying the prescription of a major systemic therapy and for whom cutaneous psoriasis is the main reason for systemic treatment and belonging to one of the two following groups: - Patients exposed to a major conventional systemic therapy (methotrexate or cyclosporine, excluding biotherapies) since at least 3 months and for which there are no plans to institute treatment with biotherapy in the next 6 months : non-exposed group.
- - Patients exposed to a biological therapy (infliximab, adalimumab, etanercept, ustekinumab and other biotherapy entering the market) : exposed group.
- - Patients for whom cutaneous psoriasis is not the main reason for systemic treatment: treatment justified by psoriatic arthritis, concomitant Crohn's disease .
- - Patients unable to comply with the planned cohort monitoring or whose follow-up is expected to be difficult.
- - Patient for whom the treatment given at baseline cannot be identified (Patient participating to a double-blind trialinvolving biotherapies for example).
This trial id was obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, providing information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants with locations in all 50 States and in 196 countries.
Phase 1: Studies that emphasize safety and how the drug is metabolized and excreted in humans.
Phase 2: Studies that gather preliminary data on effectiveness (whether the drug works in people who have a certain disease or condition) and additional safety data.
Phase 3: Studies that gather more information about safety and effectiveness by studying different populations and different dosages and by using the drug in combination with other drugs.
Phase 4: Studies occurring after FDA has approved a drug for marketing, efficacy, or optimal use.
The sponsor is the organization or person who oversees the clinical study and is responsible for analyzing the study data.
|Assistance Publique - Hôpitaux de Paris|
The person who is responsible for the scientific and technical direction of the entire clinical study.
|Olivier Chosidow, Md, Phd|
|Principal Investigator Affiliation||Assistance Publique - Hôpitaux de Paris|
Category of organization(s) involved as sponsor (and collaborator) supporting the trial.
The disease, disorder, syndrome, illness, or injury that is being studied.
PSOBIOTEQ is a national multicentric prospective cohort, including patients receiving systemic treatment (biotherapy or DMARDs) for moderate to severe cutaneous psoriasis. The exposure of interest is the exposure to a biological therapy: infliximab, adalimumab, etanercept, ustekinumab and other biotherapy entering the market. The nature of the systemic treatment as well as its administration modalities are defined by the investigator according to usual practice. All dermatology departments located in the French metropolitan area and using biotherapies as treatment of cutaneous psoriasis will be solicited for participation to the cohort. The inclusion will last at least 3 years with a follow-up of at least 5 years for each patient (8 years maximum), with a 6 month periodicity for the data collection (complying with good clinical practice for these patients). Follow-up duration may be extended in the case of the identification of safety signals in the early years. Each study within the cohort has its specific endpoints according to its specific objectives but the whole data required will be collected at the same time for both studies then registered in a single database (eCRF). The statistical analyses will be performed by the clinical investigation and epidemiology center (INSERM CIE 801) of BICHAT hospital's department of epidemiology and clinical research 2 636 patients will be included with the following distribution:.
- - Non-exposed group: 1200 patients - Exposed group: 1436 patients (naive or not) with at least 1200 patients naive for biotherapy.
: Exposed group
: Non-exposed group
Major conventional systemic therapy (methotrexate or cyclosporine)
Contact a Trial Team
If you are interested in learning more about this trial, find the trial site nearest to your location and contact the site coordinator via email or phone. We also strongly recommend that you consult with your healthcare provider about the trials that may interest you and refer to our terms of service below.