Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Healthy volunteers are participants who do not have a disease or condition, or related conditions or symptoms
An interventional clinical study is where participants are assigned to receive one or more interventions (or no intervention) so that researchers can evaluate the effects of the interventions on biomedical or health-related outcomes.
An observational clinical study is where participants identified as belonging to study groups are assessed for biomedical or health outcomes.
Searching Both is inclusive of interventional and observational studies.
|Eligible Ages||18 Years and Over|
- - Subject with plaque psoriasis.
- - Subject with moderate to very severe chronic pruritus whose NRS score ≥ 4, (on a scale ranged from 0 to 10) - Subject with chronic pruritus, i.e. for at least 6 weeks, due to plaque psoriasis.
- - Subject with erythrodermic psoriasis, pustular psoriasis or palmoplantar keratoderma.
- - Subject with any other type of pruritus, not related to plaque psoriasis.
- - Subject with an acute, chronic or progressive disease other than plaque psoriasis which could be the origin of the pruritus.
- - Biotherapy, Phototherapy or PUVAtherapy treatment.
- - Psoriasis treatment by LASER.
This trial id was obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, providing information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants with locations in all 50 States and in 196 countries.
Phase 1: Studies that emphasize safety and how the drug is metabolized and excreted in humans.
Phase 2: Studies that gather preliminary data on effectiveness (whether the drug works in people who have a certain disease or condition) and additional safety data.
Phase 3: Studies that gather more information about safety and effectiveness by studying different populations and different dosages and by using the drug in combination with other drugs.
Phase 4: Studies occurring after FDA has approved a drug for marketing, efficacy, or optimal use.
The sponsor is the organization or person who oversees the clinical study and is responsible for analyzing the study data.
|Pierre Fabre Dermo Cosmetique|
The person who is responsible for the scientific and technical direction of the entire clinical study.
|Diana PLACINTESCU, MD|
|Principal Investigator Affiliation||Les Thermes d'Avène|
Category of organization(s) involved as sponsor (and collaborator) supporting the trial.
The disease, disorder, syndrome, illness, or injury that is being studied.
|Chronic Pruritus Due to Plaque Psoriasis|
- - To assess the benefit of the Avène hydrotherapy in subjects with pruritic plaque psoriasis in the: - Improvement of pruritus.
- - Improvement of psoriasis severity.
- - Improvement of quality of life.
- - Change of pruritus and psoriasis biological markers.
- - Intake/application of treatments and skin care products for psoriasis and pruritus management, evaluated during a follow-up period.
Other: hydrotherapy group
Subjects included in the "hydrotherapy group" will undergo a 3-week Avène hydrotherapy in addition to their usual psoriasis and/or pruritus management (treatments and/or skin care products).
No Intervention: Control group
Subjects included in the "control group" will not undergo the hydrotherapy and will keep following their usual psoriasis and/or pruritus management (treatments and/or skin care products).
Other: - Hydrotherapy
3-week Avène hydrotherapy
Contact a Trial Team
If you are interested in learning more about this trial, find the trial site nearest to your location and contact the site coordinator via email or phone. We also strongly recommend that you consult with your healthcare provider about the trials that may interest you and refer to our terms of service below.