Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Healthy volunteers are participants who do not have a disease or condition, or related conditions or symptoms
An interventional clinical study is where participants are assigned to receive one or more interventions (or no intervention) so that researchers can evaluate the effects of the interventions on biomedical or health-related outcomes.
An observational clinical study is where participants identified as belonging to study groups are assessed for biomedical or health outcomes.
Searching Both is inclusive of interventional and observational studies.
|Eligible Ages||18 Years and Over|
- - Subject is male or female at least 18 years of age.
- - Female subjects must be postmenopausal, permanently sterilized or willing to use a highly effective method of contraception.
- - Documented diagnosis of adult-onset Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA) meeting the Classification Criteria for Psoriatic Arthritis (CASPAR) for at least 6 months prior to Screening with active PsA and must have at Baseline tender joint count (TJC) >=3 out of 68 and swollen joint count (SJC) >=3 out of 66.
- - Subject must be negative for rheumatoid factor and anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (CCP) antibodies.
- - Subject must have at least 1 active psoriatic lesion(s) and/or a documented history of psoriasis (PSO) - Subject has a history of inadequate response (lack of efficacy after at least 3 months of therapy at an approved dose) or intolerance to treatment with 1 or 2 tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF(α)) inhibitors for either PsA or PSO.
- - Subjects currently taking NSAIDs, cyclooxygenase 2 (COX-2) inhibitors, analgesics (including mild opioids), corticosteroids, methotrexate (MTX), leflunomide (LEF), sulfasalazine (SSZ), hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) AND/OR apremilast can be allowed if they fulfill specific requirements prior to study entry.
- - Female subjects who are breastfeeding, pregnant, or plan to become pregnant during the study.
- - Subjects with current or prior exposure to any biologics except tumor necrosis factor (TNF) inhibitors for the treatment of PsA or PSO.
- - Subject has an active infection or a history of recent serious infections.
- - Subject has known tuberculosis (TB) infection, is at high risk of acquiring TB infection, or has current or history of nontuberculous mycobacterium (NTMB) infection.
- - Subject has a diagnosis of inflammatory conditions other than PSO or PsA.
- - Subject had acute anterior uveitis within 6 weeks of Baseline.
- - Subject has any active malignancy or history of malignancy within 5 years prior to the Screening Visit EXCEPT treated and considered cured cutaneous squamous or basal cell carcinoma, or in situ cervical cancer.
- - Subject has a form of PSO other than chronic plaque-type (eg, pustular, erythrodermic and guttate PSO, or drug-induced PSO) - Presence of active suicidal ideation, or moderately severe major depression or severe major depression.
This trial id was obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, providing information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants with locations in all 50 States and in 196 countries.
Phase 1: Studies that emphasize safety and how the drug is metabolized and excreted in humans.
Phase 2: Studies that gather preliminary data on effectiveness (whether the drug works in people who have a certain disease or condition) and additional safety data.
Phase 3: Studies that gather more information about safety and effectiveness by studying different populations and different dosages and by using the drug in combination with other drugs.
Phase 4: Studies occurring after FDA has approved a drug for marketing, efficacy, or optimal use.
The sponsor is the organization or person who oversees the clinical study and is responsible for analyzing the study data.
|UCB Biopharma SRL|
The person who is responsible for the scientific and technical direction of the entire clinical study.
|Principal Investigator Affiliation||001 844 599 2273 (UCB)|
Category of organization(s) involved as sponsor (and collaborator) supporting the trial.
|Countries||Australia, Canada, Czechia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Poland, Russian Federation, United Kingdom, United States|
The disease, disorder, syndrome, illness, or injury that is being studied.
Experimental: Bimekzumab dosage regimen
Subjects randomized to this arm will receive assigned bimekizumab dosage regimen.
Placebo Comparator: Placebo
Subjects randomized to this arm will receive placebo.
Drug: - Bimekizumab
Subjects will receive bimekizumab at pre-specified time-points.
Other: - Placebo
Subjects will receive placebo at pre-specified time-points.
Contact a Trial Team
If you are interested in learning more about this trial, find the trial site nearest to your location and contact the site coordinator via email or phone. We also strongly recommend that you consult with your healthcare provider about the trials that may interest you and refer to our terms of service below.