Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Healthy volunteers are participants who do not have a disease or condition, or related conditions or symptoms
An interventional clinical study is where participants are assigned to receive one or more interventions (or no intervention) so that researchers can evaluate the effects of the interventions on biomedical or health-related outcomes.
An observational clinical study is where participants identified as belonging to study groups are assessed for biomedical or health outcomes.
Searching Both is inclusive of interventional and observational studies.
|Eligible Ages||18 Years - 74 Years|
- - Signed and dated informed consent has been obtained prior to any protocol-related procedures.
- - Age ≥18 to <75 years at the time of screening.
- - Diagnosed with chronic plaque psoriasis at least 6 months before randomisation.
- - Body weight ≥120 kg at the time of screening.
- - Moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis as defined by: BSA ≥10% and PASI ≥12 at screening and baseline.
- - No evidence of active or latent tuberculosis according to local standard of care.
- - Diagnosed with erythrodermic psoriasis, pustular psoriasis, guttate psoriasis, medication-induced psoriasis, or other skin conditions (e.g., eczema) that would interfere with evaluations of the effect of the investigational medicinal product (IMP) on participants with plaque psoriasis.
- - Clinically important active infections or infestations, chronic, recurrent or latent infections or infestations, or is immunocompromised (e.g., human immunodeficiency virus, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C).
- - Any systemic disease considered by the investigator to be uncontrolled and either immunocompromising the participants and/or placing the participant at undue risk of intercurrent diseases (including, but not limited to, renal failure, heart failure, liver disease, diabetes, and anaemia).
- - History of Crohn's disease.
- - Myocardial infarction or stroke, or unstable angina pectoris within the past 12 months.
- - Any active malignancy.
- - History of malignancy within 5 years, except for treated and considered cured cutaneous squamous or basal cell carcinoma, in situ cervical cancer, or in situ breast ductal carcinoma.
- - History of suicidal behaviour (i.e., 'actual suicide attempt', 'interrupted attempt', 'aborted attempt', or 'preparatory acts or behaviour') based on the Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS) questionnaire at screening or at baseline.
- - Any suicidal ideation of category 4 or 5 ('active suicidal ideation with some intent to act, without specific plan' or ' active suicidal ideation with specific plan and intent') based on the C-SSRS questionnaire at screening or at baseline.
- - A Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ)-8 score of ≥10 corresponding to moderate-to-severe depression at screening or at baseline.
This trial id was obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, providing information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants with locations in all 50 States and in 196 countries.
Phase 1: Studies that emphasize safety and how the drug is metabolized and excreted in humans.
Phase 2: Studies that gather preliminary data on effectiveness (whether the drug works in people who have a certain disease or condition) and additional safety data.
Phase 3: Studies that gather more information about safety and effectiveness by studying different populations and different dosages and by using the drug in combination with other drugs.
Phase 4: Studies occurring after FDA has approved a drug for marketing, efficacy, or optimal use.
The sponsor is the organization or person who oversees the clinical study and is responsible for analyzing the study data.
The person who is responsible for the scientific and technical direction of the entire clinical study.
|Principal Investigator Affiliation||LEO Pharma|
Category of organization(s) involved as sponsor (and collaborator) supporting the trial.
The disease, disorder, syndrome, illness, or injury that is being studied.
Brodalumab is an anti-IL-17 receptor antibody and blocks the inflammatory effects of IL-17 in the skin. Some psoriasis patients with a higher body weight experienced a lower treatment effect of brodalumab in clinical studies. Therefore, the purpose of this study is to investigate if increasing the dose of brodalumab will increase the effect of treatment for patients with a higher body weight. The study will run over 60-62 weeks, including screening, treatment period and safety follow-up, with the primary endpoint measurement at Week 40. Patients will receive subcutaneous injections of brodalumab at Week 0, 1, and 2, followed by injections every 2 weeks. Participants not fulfilling a predefined response at any time after Week 16 will receive a dose adjustment to 280 mg brodalumab or 210 mg brodalumab plus placebo every 2 weeks.
Experimental: Brodalumab 210 mg + brodalumab 70 mg add-on* (adjusted brodalumab dosing regimen)
Participants will receive 210 mg brodalumab subcutaneously at Week 0, Week 1, and Week 2, and then once every 2 weeks. *Participants not fulfilling a predefined response at any visit with efficacy assessments after Week 16 will receive a dose adjustment to 280 mg brodalumab every 2 weeks.
Placebo Comparator: Brodalumab 210 mg + placebo add-on* (standard brodalumab treatment)
Participants will receive 210 mg brodalumab subcutaneously at Week 0, Week 1, and Week 2, and then once every 2 weeks. *Participants not fulfilling a predefined response at any time visit with efficacy assessments Week 16 will receive a dose adjustment to 210 mg brodalumab + placebo every 2 weeks.
Biological: - Brodalumab
Brodalumab is an anti-IL-17 receptor antibody, which blocks the inflammatory effects of IL-17 in the skin.
Contact a Trial Team
If you are interested in learning more about this trial, find the trial site nearest to your location and contact the site coordinator via email or phone. We also strongly recommend that you consult with your healthcare provider about the trials that may interest you and refer to our terms of service below.