Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Healthy volunteers are participants who do not have a disease or condition, or related conditions or symptoms
An interventional clinical study is where participants are assigned to receive one or more interventions (or no intervention) so that researchers can evaluate the effects of the interventions on biomedical or health-related outcomes.
An observational clinical study is where participants identified as belonging to study groups are assessed for biomedical or health outcomes.
Searching Both is inclusive of interventional and observational studies.
|Eligible Ages||2 Years - 17 Years|
- - Must have completed the dosing planned in the primary pediatric ustekinumab study.
- - Benefit of continued ustekinumab therapy (that is, a clinical response or clinical remission as defined in the primary study at the final efficacy visit of the primary study) - Parent(s) (preferably both if available or as per local requirements), legal guardian(s) or their legally acceptable representative must sign an informed consent form (ICF) indicating that he or she understands the purpose of, and procedures required for, the study and is willing to allow the child to participate in the study.
- - Must be willing and able to adhere to the lifestyle restrictions specified in this protocol.
- - Females of childbearing potential must have a negative urine pregnancy test at enrollment and prior to study intervention administration.
- - Are pregnant, nursing, or planning pregnancy or fathering a child.
- - Have had any of (a) confirmed severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2 [COVID-19]) infection (test positive), or (b) suspected SARS-CoV-2 infection (clinical features without documented test results), or (c) close contact with a person with known or suspected SARS-CoV-2 infection: Exception: (i) may be included with a documented negative result for a validated SARS-CoV-2 test: obtained at least 2 weeks after conditions (a), (b), (c) above (timed from resolution of key clinical features if present, example, fever, cough, dyspnea) and (ii) with absence of all conditions (a), (b), (c) above during the period between the negative test result and the baseline study visit.
- - Taken any disallowed therapies as noted in the primary study, before the planned first long-term extension (LTE) dose of study intervention.
- - Any condition for which, in the opinion of the investigator, participation would not be in the best interest of the participant (example, compromise the well-being) or that could prevent, limit, or confound the protocol-specified assessments.
- - Participants who receive a live vaccination may be permitted to remain in the study, if approved by the sponsor and study intervention is held for a period of time specified by the sponsor.
This trial id was obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, providing information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants with locations in all 50 States and in 196 countries.
Phase 1: Studies that emphasize safety and how the drug is metabolized and excreted in humans.
Phase 2: Studies that gather preliminary data on effectiveness (whether the drug works in people who have a certain disease or condition) and additional safety data.
Phase 3: Studies that gather more information about safety and effectiveness by studying different populations and different dosages and by using the drug in combination with other drugs.
Phase 4: Studies occurring after FDA has approved a drug for marketing, efficacy, or optimal use.
The sponsor is the organization or person who oversees the clinical study and is responsible for analyzing the study data.
|Janssen Research & Development, LLC|
The person who is responsible for the scientific and technical direction of the entire clinical study.
|Janssen Research & Development, LLC Clinical Trial|
|Principal Investigator Affiliation||Janssen Research & Development, LLC|
Category of organization(s) involved as sponsor (and collaborator) supporting the trial.
|Countries||France, Poland, United States|
The disease, disorder, syndrome, illness, or injury that is being studied.
|Crohn Disease, Colitis, Ulcerative, Arthritis, Psoriatic|
|Study Website:||View Trial Website|
Participants will have continued access to ustekinumab for primary study (CNTO1275CRD1001, CNTO1275PUC3001, CNTO1275CRD3004, CNTO1275JPA3001) participants who in the opinion of the investigator will continue to benefit from ustekinumab therapy. All blinded participants who enroll in the long-term extension (LTE) from blinded primary studies with both every 8 weeks (q8w) and every 12 weeks (q12w) dosing groups just prior to the end of the primary study will be assigned to the q8w dosing regimen. Participants enrolling in the LTE from an unblinded primary study will remain on the final dosing regimen that they were receiving in the primary study.
Drug: - Ustekinumab
Ustekinumab will be administered as a SC injection.
Contact a Trial Team
If you are interested in learning more about this trial, find the trial site nearest to your location and contact the site coordinator via email or phone. We also strongly recommend that you consult with your healthcare provider about the trials that may interest you and refer to our terms of service below.