Accepts Healthy Volunteers
Healthy volunteers are participants who do not have a disease or condition, or related conditions or symptoms
An interventional clinical study is where participants are assigned to receive one or more interventions (or no intervention) so that researchers can evaluate the effects of the interventions on biomedical or health-related outcomes.
An observational clinical study is where participants identified as belonging to study groups are assessed for biomedical or health outcomes.
Searching Both is inclusive of interventional and observational studies.
|Eligible Ages||6 Years - 18 Years|
Inclusion Criteria:Patients meeting all of the following criteria are eligible for inclusion in this study:
- - Written assent and informed consent must be obtained as per local regulations prior to any study procedures.
- - Diagnosed with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.
- - Initiating treatment with Cosentyx® or having started Cosentyx® treatment within the last 4 weeks in routine clinical practice, and its prescription is independent of this study.
- - Aged 6 to less than 18 years at the time they are prescribed Cosentyx®.
- - Have valid PASI and IGA mod 2011 score at the time they are prescribed Cosentyx®.
Exclusion Criteria:Patients meeting any of the following criteria are not eligible for inclusion in this study:
- - Patients previously treated with other biologics.
- - Patients participating in other clinical trials or who previously participated in clinical trials within 30 days before Cosentyx® initiation or a period of 5 half-lives of the investigational drug, whichever is longer.
- - Patients in conditions which in the judgment of the clinical investigator renders the patient unsuitable for the study.
This trial id was obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov, a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, providing information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants with locations in all 50 States and in 196 countries.
Phase 1: Studies that emphasize safety and how the drug is metabolized and excreted in humans.
Phase 2: Studies that gather preliminary data on effectiveness (whether the drug works in people who have a certain disease or condition) and additional safety data.
Phase 3: Studies that gather more information about safety and effectiveness by studying different populations and different dosages and by using the drug in combination with other drugs.
Phase 4: Studies occurring after FDA has approved a drug for marketing, efficacy, or optimal use.
The sponsor is the organization or person who oversees the clinical study and is responsible for analyzing the study data.
The person who is responsible for the scientific and technical direction of the entire clinical study.
|Principal Investigator Affiliation||Novartis Pharmaceuticals|
Category of organization(s) involved as sponsor (and collaborator) supporting the trial.
The disease, disorder, syndrome, illness, or injury that is being studied.
|Moderate to Severe Chronic Plaque Psoriasis|
Patients who are about to initiate Cosentyx® or have started Cosentyx® within the last 4 weeks and meet the eligibility criteria will be enrolled. Patients will be followed via routine visits in real clinical practice up to 52 weeks. Data from medical records, including safety and effectiveness information of Cosentyx® (e.g., AE, SAE, physical examinations, laboratory tests, disease assessments, etc.) will be collected at each visit. No additional study visits, examinations, laboratory tests or procedures will be mandated throughout the study.
Pediatric patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis treated with Cosentyx
Other: - Cosentyx
Prospective observational cohort study. There is no treatment allocation. Patients administered Cosentyx by prescription will be enrolled.
Contact a Trial Team
If you are interested in learning more about this trial, find the trial site nearest to your location and contact the site coordinator via email or phone. We also strongly recommend that you consult with your healthcare provider about the trials that may interest you and refer to our terms of service below.